About the support groups
The Brain Injury Association of Tasmania has set up Brain Injury Peer Support Groups across state for people impacted by brain injury, their families and carers.
Our aim is to support people to come together to share, learn and connect with others and help them to move forward to have a good life.
What is Peer Support
People like you, sharing with each other
- What they know
- Things that worked
- Things that didn’t work
- Things they have learned
- ...and sometimes it’s about finding out something new
Peer Support provides you with
- Emotional and social support
- Information and education
- Enjoyable and practical ways for people to help each other
Peer Support Benefits
- You feel valued
- You are not alone
- You make connections and friends
- You can support others
- You can share your experiences with others that understand what you are going through.